Aug 14, 2008

Change the World

How many times have you woke up feeling so good, that you think you can change the world?

I got home from work last night and picked up the kids, went home, worked out then ate dinner with the fam. During dinner, Rilee told me that she was ready to go to bed. WOW! Did I hear my 4 yr old correctly? She wants to go to bed and its barely 8oclock? So, no arguing from me, I finished dinner and put Rilee in the shower. She showers by herself now, shes stepped up to be a "big girl."

She gets out, I get in and do my thing. We put the kids to bed and VOILA! We are in bed at 8:30pm. (might want to put that on the calendar, never happened in the 4 yrs of parenthood)

So, normally my alarm goes off at 5:10am and for, whatever reason, it was set for 5:45am this morning. I wake up in a hurry and paniced because I thought I was going to be late for work. But, I was on time. But I felt so good this morning that on my 40 minute drive to work, all sorts of thoughts ran thru my head of how Im going to change things. I think of the beautiful weather that we are supposed to have this weekend, Rilee's barrel race in Cleburne and just overall life. Now, how can those thoughts just automatically pop in my head in a split second like they did this morning? Im not sure of it, either, but it sure gave me a piece of tranquilty. I hope to have another just like it.

0 comments: