Mar 9, 2009

Judgement

well, Im going against my better judgement at the moment. You see, I am trying to get back in the swing of things (barrel horses that is) and Ive been trying my best to ride my mare right. I know she is a nice mare and I have to just trust her. There is not a thing wrong with her, I am just not doing her justice at the moment.

However, I am not good at taking criticism very well. I know there are a ton of things that Im doing wrong and I am working on those things.

I have been sitting here contemplating on posting my runs from this weekend because I just dont take lightly to rude comments.

So, with all that being said .. take it lightly on me. I know there are things (ok, ALOT of things) that need to be addressed and I am working on that. I am getting there but its baby steps for me.


First run is Cleburne on Saturday
Second is Diamond W on the full standard pattern (and not so great ground)





5 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

You just have to trust her. Your first barrel at Diamond W was killer!

Jillian said...

First run...

You just need to worry about turning. Sit down one stride before and stay sitting till one stride after. This will help you stay balanced and not pull on her when she leaves the barrels. And, slide you hand down you rein. Do not worry about in between the barrels or how fast you are going. The more controlled you are the quicker your run will be.

Jillian said...

2nd run...

Great first & 2nd barrel!!

If you sit one before and after it will go alot smoother. The biggest problem that people have that have not run in a while is balance. You ride good, but your timing is off just a hair. Sitting one before to one after will keep you out of her way. Your only job as a rider is to prepare her for her turns.

I like the way she works, when can I run her?

The only concern you should have is her tail!!!!!

Jillian said...

I watched them again...she has a tail. Okay I was really stressed out. :) cant help I have tail issuses. I had to call my mother in-law twice when we were gone skiing to check on versace's tail.

~ The Rockin MLB ~ said...

Thank you so much Jill. She does have a tail .. somewhat .. it was chewed off, hence it always being in a wrap. She gets weekly MTG treatments by mwah, lol.

You can ride her anytime! Im sure itll help when someone else runs her to get her back in "check" from my screw ups