Feb 21, 2009

Today's Run for me

Well, todays run was better. I still held her back but its a big milestone from where we were several weeks ago. The more I ride her, the more I love her. Shes so nice and will take care of me. I just have to keep that in my mind. It really helped that Trudy stayed with me in the back and my friends and fellow barrel racers "cheered" for me and made me feel more at ease. They all know how nervous I am. I love them!

Now, I pulled her up way too much on the 3rd barrel. So she did a jig/jag crap thing as we got to it .. so, that was MY fault, not hers.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

This run is nice. Controlled and smooth. People do not relize how much faster they will clock if they go slower so they can control themselves and the horse better. Running takes timing and timing takes time and practice.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I thought your run was really nice. She's a nice mare. Jill is right.